2015/02/18

Engineering wonders of the past

Building for ages, building something that lasts, that has always fascinated me.
Now a days, almost everything is expendable, has a limited time usage. We even talk about programmed obsolescence in our products.

This TedTalk is about the opposite, and even better about the wonders of engineering of old times.

To create for the ages, let's combine art and engineering

I like the idea of counting the miracles needed to achieve a Wonder of the World (The Pantheon is not one of the 7 Wonders of the World).

Why don't we build buildings like that?
Ok, I live in the north and when I woke up this morning, the thermometer was showing -22 Celsius. I'm not sure that the Pantheon had a heating system.

Have a nice listening, and happy learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment