2015/02/18

Mind VS Medicine

Wow, this podcast is inspiring. I just bought the Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself book, and I can't wait to find some time to read it.
I even dropped the book I was reading... I usually put the book on my "To Read" list and then I pick a new one from the list when I'm done with the current one.

Lissa Rankin: How to Heal Yourself with the Power of Your Mind

And I just found that she was on Tedx (Thanks Lewis)
Is there scientific proof we can heal ourselves? Lissa Rankin, MD at TEDxAmericanRiviera
The shocking truth about your health | Lissa Rankin | TEDxFiDiWomen

The idea of being able to heal yourselves has always been a fantasy to me. I have never have been a lot sick, but I always wish I could have the healing power of Wolverine. But we are not talking about something like that. It's something less grandiose, but still amazing like curing a cancer.

And the interview with Lewis Howes, Lissa is saying: "if you have a broken bone, go see a doctor. It will heal better with proper care."

It's more about the placebo and the nocebo effect. And how the mind can change the effect of a medicine or a treatment.

Thanks again Lewis Howes for bringing Lissa Rankin to my knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment