2015/02/24

My beginning at being better...

This post is more about myself, how I manage to get here. What I did to try to be a better me, an healthier me.

It all started in September 2013, when I found the NerdFitness group and Steve Kamb. Then I installed an app to count the steps I was doing in a day.
And I started to do a basic fitness program that I built. Only with my body weight.
I like the NerdFitness approach, setting goals and earning points to get to the next level, just as in a game.

In November 2013, I bought a FitBit One. The OMS says that we should at least do 10 000 step per day (Page 9). So I just set a goal of 5000 step per day, since in a normal day I was doing only 3000.

In March 2014, I increase the step goal to 7500 step per day.

In April 2014, I started to run, because walking was not enough. To complete a faster lap I needed to run.

In October 2014, I increased the step goal to 10 000 step per day, or more 70 000 steps per week. Because some days, I simply can't do.

In December 2014, I decided I had to train my brain too, so I started to listen to TedTalk. Trying to listen at least one a day. I did manage to do it most of the days, while driving to work. And then I found a  podcast called The School of Greatness.

In February 2015, I decided to share the knowledge and the inspiring Podcast that I listen.

And this is were we are.

So I wish you and happy learning in a healthy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment